Job Title: Group Facilitator – Contractor
Supervisor: Director of Education and Enrichment Programs
FLSA (Exempt/Nonexempt): Contract
Department: Education and Enrichment
Date of Posting: November 2021
The Group Facilitator provides leadership and facilitation for support and enrichment groups for blind and visually impaired adults.
- Facilitate Enrichment program groups in person and virtually
- Create lesson plans and curriculum for Enrichment programming
- Prepare notes following group sessions and report attendance data
- Document activities and outcomes of interactions with participants
- Evaluate Enrichment programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend changes as appropriate
- Maintain the confidentiality of all participant-related information
- Maintain professional growth through seminars and workshops
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor as a representative of VisionLink
- Interact positively at all times with VisionLink staff, participants, volunteers, community partners, and Board Members
- One to three years experience with casework, adult education, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, or related field preferred
- Previous experience with group facilitation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases)
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not construed as the exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. I have read the Group Facilitator job description and understand the functions and objectives of the position.
VisionLink’s Person-Centered Focus:
We believe all individuals participating in VisionLink programming should take part in the development of personal goals tailored to how they wish to live and function with the level of vision they possess. Participants should be supported to learn new skills to help achieve their goals based on the best practices instituted and approved by VisionLink.
VisionLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
VisionLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and professional development practices that embrace the principles of equity, fairness, and inclusion in order to build a diverse staff and support a diverse community.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Carrie Robinson, HR Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.