Good Works Wednesday
A newsletter celebrating ASB progress, programs and people
At Associated Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, we work every day to help individuals build skills and gain access to the information, experiences and resources they need to live the lives they wish to lead. We are an agency for anyone, anywhere on the vision loss continuum and offer education, training, community-based enrichment opportunities and referrals to help them achieve their individual goals.
New Education & Training Programs
We are excited to announce our virtual program schedule for the second quarter of 2021. While operating remotely, we are thankful our virtual platform has enabled us to continue our education programs, establish creative enrichment opportunities, and also continue our social and support groups.
The upcoming April – June 2021 schedule is available on the ASB website!
If any of the participants you work with are interested in signing up for these programs or would like to learn more about getting involved with ASB, please contact our Participant Navigator, Lexi Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFB Upcoming Centennial Event Lineup
We are continuing to share here the rich programming coming out of AFB for you and ASB participants to check out.
Since 1921, the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) has been at the forefront of creating a more inclusive world for people who are experiencing vision loss. To celebrate its 100th anniversary, AFB is hosting a series of Centennial Conversations. These curated webinars will focus on the most pressing issues and topics affecting the vision loss community, pairing prominent speakers with younger voices.
A link to the upcoming April conversation is below. We’ll be sure to share links to the others as they become available:
- The Inclusive Power of Music—April 22, 2 p.m. EST
- Gratitude, Courage, and Joy—May 27, 2 p.m. EST
- Inclusion, Intersectionality, and the Future of Work—June 24, 2 p.m. EST
- Making Money Work: Including Disability in the Financial Equation—July 22, 2 p.m. EST
In case any of the participants you work with missed AFB’s previous centennial events, they can replay the archived conversations below:
For additional information about 100 years of AFB and the ongoing series of Centennial Conversations, participants can visit afb.org/100. If any of the participants you work with require additional accommodations, they can contact the AFB at email@example.com.
ASB Website Updates
Check out the latest ASB news posted on the website! Current updates and reports from the site are linked and listed below.
- There are updated positions listed under Careers at ASB.
- The April – June 2021 programming is linked on our At-Home Resources and Support page.
- The release announcing Tara Quinn’s appointment as ASB’s new Director of Development was added to the Newsroom.
- In case you missed it, our About Us page now lists our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.