Job Title: Community Outreach Specialist (In-Office)
Supervisor: Director of Community Engagement
Date of Posting: April 2023
Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, the Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for the implementation of VisionLink professional outreach to community partners, medical providers, employers, and other settings. The Community Outreach Specialist engages in community relationships to promote knowledge and collaborations. The Specialist actively supports the promotion of VisionLink’s mission.
The position is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Conduct public education, outreach, and community training events as assigned by the Director of Community Engagement
- Effectively communicate the mission of VisionLink with prospective referral sources, clients, and the community-at-large
- Administer VisionLink promotional materials
- Identify organizations and potential community partners and share information with VisionLink leadership
- Maintain data and provide reports on outcomes of events, programs, and community needs
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in community outreach and engagement, business development, and/or marketing and communications, including direct experience working in or with nonprofits
- Experience in a medical literacy capacity preferred
- Experience capturing and recording important data through Excel and/or electronic record-keeping programs
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate complex information with different audiences
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
VisionLink is fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace the diversity within our organization and within the multi-faceted community we serve. We embrace the principles of equity, fairness, and inclusion and we remain committed to best practices for providing anyone, anywhere on the vision loss continuum with the education, tools, and wrap-around services that they need to navigate their communities, manage their specific visual challenges, and live their fullest lives.
At VisionLink we realize that there are many forms of diversity including racial, gender, sexual identity, cultural, religious, economic, ability, and disability, and we work diligently to be open and welcoming to all. Our work is collaborative – with those we serve, with our professional staff, with healthcare professionals, with community partner organizations, and with other human services agencies regionally and nationally. We believe that this collaborative framework, across disciplines and communities, as well as our commitment to serving those with vision loss makes our organizational efforts more diverse, more equitable, more inclusive, and more sustainable over time.
VisionLink’s Person-Centered Focus:
We believe all individuals participating in VisionLink programming should take part in the development of personal goals tailored to how they wish to live and function with the level of vision they possess. Participants should be supported to learn new skills to help achieve their goals based on the best practices instituted and approved by VisionLink.
VisionLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
VisionLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and professional development practices that embrace the principles of equity, fairness, and inclusion in order to build a diverse staff and support a diverse community.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and CV/resume to the attention of Carrie Robinson at email@example.com.