ASB is Now VisionLink | February 1, 2022
After more than a year of planning and preparing, we are excited to announce that ASB is now VisionLink!
Why change our name? VisionLink better reflects:
- the work we do as a bridge and connection to community resources, educational and enrichment programming, and local providers for people experiencing vision loss,
- the role we can play to strengthen an individual’s access to care and supportive services when facing vision loss, and
- our commitment to creating a more accessible city and region.
This change is about creating a new era for our organization, a new way of delivering services, a new way of working with community partners, and a new way of supporting and providing resources for individuals who are experiencing vision loss in the Philadelphia region. As a staff of caring professionals, we will do that through:
- personalized plans and individualized goals,
- direct services and training,
- in-community cultural/enrichment and education programming,
- and knowledgeable referrals to partner organizations locally and nationally that provide additional resources and support.
And as of today, our new name, VisionLink, will convey our important work simply and directly. We are an important first stop and trusted resource for anyone experiencing vision loss for any reason.
VisionLink clarifies our role as a comprehensive resource center that is ready to support a broader base of people, including the growing number of aging Philadelphians who may face low vision issues in the future.
All of these developments – including expanded virtual programming, more access to in-community experiences, and strengthened community partnerships – contribute to VisionLink’s continued legacy of serving Philadelphians with vision loss, a commitment that dates back more than 100 years. It is a history of remarkable significance, and one we are honored and proud to be stewarding into the future.
How will you or your organization connect with the new VisionLink?
- As of today, our new website will be www.VisionLinkPHL.org. Our former address, www.visionlinkphl.org, will redirect to the refreshed site.
- Our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn sites will feature new VisionLink video content featuring many different voices discussing the positive impact of our organization within the Philadelphia Community.
We couldn’t be more excited for our future as VisionLink! We hope you are, too, and we thank you for your continued interest in our organization and its important mission.
Karla S. McCaney Sarah Glick Johnson
President & CEO Chair, Board of Directors