Activities and Support at Home
Virtual Expanded Core Education Learning (ExCEL) Academy for Students with Visual Impairments
- The Virtual ExCEL Academy is online here
E.A.R.S. for Eyes
- E.A.R.S. for Eyes, a Reader’s Digest Partners for Sight Foundation partner, offers a series of free audio lessons on daily living skills. These lessons include how to use the E.A.R.S. program, indoor mobility, kitchen skills, and medication management. Lessons are available on CD’s or as computer downloads.
- Access audio lessons here
National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled Downloadable Books and Magazines – BARD: Braille and Audio Reading Download
Guide Dogs for the Blind – Resources and Support
- Resources and support here
- At home fitness programs here
Eyes Free Fitness
- Fitness program audio here
- Audio fitness application here
The Hidden Worlds of National Parks
National Women’s History Museum
Audio Game Hub
- Arcade games that use audio as their primary interface
- Play here
iOS Applications and Games
A Blind Legend
- Play the first-ever mobile action-adventure game without video – where ears replace eyes! Discover the original, innovative sensory experience of binaural 3D sound. Download for iOS here.
Blindfold Words Games
- Play fully accessible word game for both sighted and visually impaired people, designed for rapid audio play. Download for iOS here.
- Blindfold Bowling is a fully accessible bowling game for both sighted and visually impaired people, designed for rapid audio play. Download for iOS here.
The Seeing Eye
- Help seeing eye dog owners practice social distancing . Tips here
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Coping with COVID-19 information and resource guide here
Lighthouse Guild in New York City
- Behavioral healthcare is available through telehealth, phone, mobile phone or computer. To refer a patient to Behavioral Health services, call 212-769-7800. To refer a patient to services in the health center call 212-769-6313
- For general questions about these services, call 800-284-4422
Hot Keys and Keyboard Shortcuts for Zoom
Fact sheet about the ADA and Face Masks Policies
- The Southeast ADA Center has put together a fact sheet with answers to questions about the issue of face mask policies, reasons why a person with a disability might not be able to wear a face mask, and the legal rights a person has under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)on the use of face masks by individuals with a disability.
- More here
Text Campaign to Promote Stress Reduction
- NDI Launches a text campaign to promote stress reduction and financial resilience for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions. The goal of this campaign is to share new tools to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, isolation and hopelessness during the COVID-19 pandemic for individuals with no internet access.
- To sign up for this campaign, text the word RESILIENT or STRONG to 833-632-0273
- Or sign up at this form: Sign up for the National Disability Institute text campaign.
ASL videos for Deaf and Hard-of Hearing Individuals
- These videos translate crucial information related to COVID-19 and strategies to build financial resilience during this time for the Deaf and hard-of hearing community. The first three videos posted cover the following topics:
- Do you qualify for the Stimulus Payment if you receive government benefits?
- Do you qualify for the Stimulus Payment if you work?
- Managing your Money: Why does your money disappear?
- Visit: https://www.nationaldisabilityinstitute.org/financial-resilience-center/deaf-resources/
- More than 4,000 people with disabilities have over $40 million saved in the PA ABLE Savings Program (PA ABLE) for disability-related expenses. PA ABLE has built a network of family members, advocates, and disability resource providers it relies on as an important part of its success. By saving with PA ABLE, you or a loved one can build a better financial future and live more independently.
- To learn more and to read important disclosures, visit paable.gov or call 855-529-ABLE (2253).
Free Legal Assistance and Housing Issues
- Face to Face is offering no-cost legal assistance for a host of housing-related issues, including title/deed/property tax/eviction/unsafe conditions. Please review the flyer below for information on accessing these services.